This hands-on workshop will introduce the fundamentals of the R software environment, a powerful, popular and free statistical and graphical programming language.
Senior Bioinformatician - Computational Biologist
Working at the interface of molecular biology and data science, the position requires the mastering of computational techniques to increase the insights obtainable from high-throughput measurement platforms in biology that include microarrays, next generation sequencing and proteomics profiling.
The types of analysis include but are not limited to:
- Genome assembly and annotations
- Transcriptome and pathways analysis
- Metagenomics analysis
- Statistical analysis, data mining and modelling of omics and other experimental data
The position involves gathering research requirements, developing research proposals and delivering efficient solutions. A high degree of autonomy and professionalism is required.
- To discuss this role please contact Dr Dominique Gorse on +61 7 3346 2624 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply through UQ JOBS to submit an application for this role (job number 499601)
- Applications Close: 27 November 2016
About QFAB Bioinformatics
QFAB Bioinformatics is a leading provider of bioinformatics, biostatistics and biodata services for life science and clinical research. Working closely with researchers, we apply data management, integration, analysis and visualisation techniques to maximise the value of large-scale biological and clinical datasets. We are based at the University of Queensland, Brisbane – Australia (ttp://qfab.org)